There are two types of eCl@ss Releases: A MajorRelease (e.g. eCl@ss Release 9.0) and a MinorRelease (e.g. eCl@ss Release 9.1).
An eCl@ss MinorRelease is a release type that includes the modification of certain attributes of existing structural elements (e.g. textual changes) and the addition of new elements that:
- include additions (possible on all hierarchical levels), the removal of erroneous keywords and suggested property values and, if necessary the correction of them. For an overview please have a look at the list of valid change requests per release
- are downwards-compatible within the same MajorRelease Number (e.g. all 9.x releases with each other, all 10.x releases with each other etc.)
- can automatically be integrated into a system as an upgrade of the previous version as only version changes of existing structural elements and additions of new structural elements are made
- are planned to be published once a year (see Release Roadmap)
- are coded with the help of a MajorRelease Number and a MinorRelease Number (n.X, e.g. 9.1 - the first MinorRelease after MajorRelease 9.0)
In eCl@ss, the following MinorReleases exist:
|MinorRelease Number||Release date||Language version||No. of contained classes||No. of contained properties||No. of contained values|
|4.1||2002-02-28||Information available in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal||15.315||5.504||3.143|
|5.1||2004-09-27||Information available in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal||25.658||5.525||4.544|
|6.1||2009-08-21||Information available in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal||32.795||9.910||7.531|
|6.2||2009-12-01||Information available in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal||32.832||9.919||7.533|
|7.1||2011-11-30||Information available in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal||39.068||15.953||19.874|
|8.1||2013-12-02||Information available in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal||39.085||16.203||13.819|
|9.1||2015-11-30||Information available in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal||41.027||16.973||14.456|
|10.1||2018-03-29||Information available in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal||42.220||18.867||17.022|
Starting with Release 7.0 all releases are available in a BASIC and an ADVANCED version. The numbers of contained structural elements only refer to the basic version.
The number of keywords is language specific and not mentioned here. eCl@ss 3.0 started with around 8.000 German keywords. eCl@ss 8.0 contains more than 50.000 keywords in both German and English. More information is available in the relevant language version descriptions in the eCl@ss DownloadPortal.