There are two types of ECLASS Releases: A MajorRelease (e.g. ECLASS Release 9.0) and a MinorRelease (e.g. ECLASS Release 9.1).
An ECLASS MinorRelease is a release type that includes the modification of certain attributes of existing structural elements (e.g. textual changes) and the addition of new elements that:
- include additions (possible on all hierarchical levels), the removal of erroneous keywords and suggested property values and, if necessary the correction of them. For an overview please have a look at the list of valid change requests per release
- are downwards-compatible within the same MajorRelease Number (e.g. all 9.x releases with each other, all 10.x releases with each other etc.)
- can automatically be integrated into a system as an upgrade of the previous version as only version changes of existing structural elements and additions of new structural elements are made
- are planned to be published once a year (see Release Roadmap)
- are coded with the help of a MajorRelease Number and a MinorRelease Number (n.X, e.g. 9.1 - the first MinorRelease after MajorRelease 9.0)
In ECLASS, the following MinorReleases exist:
|MinorRelease Number||Release date||Language version||No. of contained classes||No. of contained properties||No. of contained values|
|4.1||2002-02-28||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||15.315||5.504||3.143|
|5.1||2004-09-27||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||25.658||5.525||4.544|
|6.1||2009-08-21||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||32.795||9.910||7.531|
|6.2||2009-12-01||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||32.832||9.919||7.533|
|7.1||2011-11-30||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||39.068||15.953||19.874|
|8.1||2013-12-02||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||39.085||16.203||13.819|
|9.1||2015-11-30||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||41.027||16.973||14.456|
|10.1||2018-03-29||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||42.220||18.867||17.022|
|11.1||2020-08-10||Information available in the ECLASS DownloadPortal||46.135||19.329||25.779|
Starting with Release 7.0 all releases are available in a BASIC and an ADVANCED version. The numbers of contained structural elements only refer to the basic version.
The number of keywords is language specific and not mentioned here. ECLASS 3.0 started with around 8.000 German keywords. ECLASS 8.0 contains more than 50.000 keywords in both German and English. More information is available in the relevant language version descriptions in the ECLASS DownloadPortal.