Description of the files
The ZIP-file contains all relevant files for the class structure of eCl@ss 10.1 ADVANCED in a specific language ("xy" stands for a language code that is part of the files).
- BASIC (in .csv or .xml format). The BASIC version contains only the content that could be represented in a .csv format that was the exclusively used export format before 7.0. Therefore, it does not contain property block structures nor dynamic elements as in the ADVANCED version. BASIC does contain all classes of the ADVANCED, but the product description with the help of properties and values is structured a lot easier. BASIC is therefore a subset of ADVANCED.
- ADVANCED (in .xml format). The ADVANCED version is the leading version and built on the basis of the data model ISO13584. It contains all structural elements of the eCl@ss classification system including property blocks, dynamic elements such as reference properties, polymorphism and cardinality blocks. Each classification class refers to both an ADVANCED and a BASIC application class that contains the product description with the help of properties and values. The ADVANCED version contains the complete eCl@ss content.
 Format of the data sets
- Release 7.0 - 7.1: XML 1.0
- Release 8.0 - 10.1: XML 2.0
- since Release 11.0: XML 3.0
 Content of the data sets
eCl@ss Release 10.1 ADVANCED - Language-specific
For each segment one .xml file is included:
- an .xml file that contains the eCl@ss dictionary ADVANCED
 With Release 10.0.1, the file „Templates“, known from previous releases, does not further comprise any content. The reason for this is the future approach on Templates to only deliver and publish „default“ Templates with substantial content. Of course this can change regarding future releases. Templates contain a Data Requirement Statement for the data exchange, in which e.g. orders, Can and Must areas etc. between data transmitter and recipient can be defined.
 Structure of the data sets
Please note, that
- “xy” stands for a language code
- For further information also see the page ISOLanguageCode
Example: eCl@ss Release 11.0
 List of all contained files
A complete list of all contained files can be found here